Monday, February 11, 2019

Three Photos 'of meaning'



This photograph was taken of a silk artwork piece in my grandmother's home, this piece was her mother's. The artwork itself has personal meaning because I have always adored the piece and have placed my "sticker" on it (a weird family way of saying we claim it after my grandmother passes, pretty morbid we know). My grandmother is an amazing woman who has always been my role model in life so I adore this image because it reminds me of her. 


I took this image at a lake that I can't recall the name of but it is significant to me because I have always been in love with nature and the outside world. I am always looking towards ways of advocating the importance of taking better care of the world and I try my hardest to harm the earth in the least possible ways I can. The earth is our home and it needs to be saved. 


There is a place on Hawthorne Ave. called Really Good Stuff, and I do have to say it has really good stuff in it. It's a sort of thrift/junk store where there isn't any order and all of the items are pilled and stacked in a very unfashionable order. I first stepped inside of this store, I believe, four years ago during a photography camp I was taking and I have adored it ever since. It is really important to me because it has so many fun things inside and it is my favorite place to photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Portfolio